Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Rainbow Quilt

This quilt is called Native Rainbow and it's from the book entitled, Batik Beauties by Laurie J. Shifrin. I just call mine Rainbow (although I threw in some brown). It is an easy quilt to make with just squares and rectangles. I made this one using all scraps for the blocks. I had a nice stripe fabric for the border that worked well with this.

I think my friend Susan will like this quilt because she attracted to quilts with boxy blocks, right Susan? You can make either a square quilt like this one or a rectangle quilt. I also made a rectangle quilt in this pattern using fall colors for a lap quilt for Mr. P. I will be posting that one soon. Has a different look in the fall colors.



I used a soft flannel on the back of the quilt.

I had a long arm quilter quilt this quilt using an umbrella quilt design with raindrops. Unfortunately, you really cannot see the pretty quilt design very well on most of the quilt. I love this umbrella quilt design and may need to make another quilt to let the design of the quilting show through more.

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. Rainbows are fun, and scrappy patchworked rainbows make for a lovely happy quilt! I love how you echoed the on point block placement, in the borders - nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Rainbow colours are always a mood lifter; the umbrella quilting - with rainbow thread! - is too cool (and yes, too bad it's not more obviously seen) and I like the way the main pattern "intrudes" into the border. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty quilt, Daryl. You had some nice scraps to use for this. Love the umbrella quilting, perfect for a Rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's not to love about a rainbow quilt, such a fun way to use some scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I DO like that one! What a great pattern! Fun colors too. Good job, Daryl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat quilt. It's a pretty pattern and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your outside the box rainbow colors. It must feel great to make an entire quilt from your scrap bins. Cute backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great idea to use a rainbow color combination, it looks fantastic. i like the brown in their as well. This is a fun pattern. I think the umbrella quilting pattern is a great choice and looks good. i think it shows up more than you think if your looking at in person.
    inspiring as usual.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rainbow Quilt is delightful and I adore your Umbrella wth Raindrops stitching. Sew Clever of You Dear. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...